Advance Insight is the leading Odoo implementation partner for African businesses
working in agri-food, energy and health, and the only Odoo Gold partner in East-Africa.
We have an exiting portfolio of clients across East and West Africa working in sectors ranging from coffee production and plastic recycling, to electric mobility and eHealth. We work with companies that create impact. And our goal is to support these companies in becoming more efficient, streamlined and competitive by implementing Odoo as their single source of truth.
Our team strives for excellence, stability and simplicity, which is why we only implement Odoo and truly specialise in it. All our consultants are Odoo certified and continuously improve their Odoo knowledge and skills.
Because we want to support even more companies to experience the benefits of Odoo, we are looking for an experienced Odoo Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone with strong coding skills (Python, JS, HTML, XML). Someone that has experience working on fast-paced projects involving clients and consultants and who already knows Odoo inside out. As an Odoo Developer at Advance Insight you will take on some of our more exiting (and complex) development projects.
Working as an Odoo Developer at Advance Insight gives you the opportunity to work for some amazing clients. We currently have projects in - amongst others - Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Jordan and the Netherlands.
If you have what it takes, then please read on.
- Develop new custom Odoo modules
- Liaise with consultants and clients
- Manage deployment, versioning, etc.
- Maintain existing & produce clean code
- Plan, budget and prioritize developments
- Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Python, JS and XML experience
- Portfolio of Odoo modules/code
- Quick & autonomous learner
- Experience running complete projects
Nice to have
- HTML, CSS and other languages
- Odoo implementation experience
- Odoo.sh experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of business processes
About the job
- You work closely with our team of technical consultants and our clients to develop new functionality and modules in Odoo.
- Your work ranges from small code improvements to the development of complete new modules and custom Odoo applications.
- You take charge of the full development cycle and are responsible for among others code maintenance, documentation and versioning.
- You are able to plan, budget and prioritize developments across various projects.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience with a convincing portfolio of Odoo modules/code.
- Pro-active mindset: you take responsibility, set priorities and lead by example.
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills.
- You are knowledgeable and have a strong intuition.
- You are able to quickly assess clients' needs and convert these in a practical modules and code.
- You think and act on the level of a master’s degree.
- You are fluent in English (non-negotiable).
- You are willing to work from our office in Nairobi. This is not a remote position.
The following give you a strong advantage:
- Speaking French.
- Experience in/with agri-food, energy, health and/or social enterprise and/or high-impact companies.
We offer a competitive salary, goodbenefits, and a nice office
You get full ownership & flexibility (almost like being your ownboss)
You can work with exciting clients in many different countries and do impactful work
Opportunity to learn and continuously improve your skills
Work in The Netherlands or Kenya, or follow the seasons and work from both
Be part of a fun, international, talented team with exciting growth opportunities