Senior ERP Consultant
Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
Imagine running a car repair shop without any tools. Sounds like a shop that will soon go bankrupt right? Nevertheless, this is the situation that many of our customers find themselves in. They run a business, but miss the appropriate digital tools to do so effectively.
We save our customers from digital bankruptcy, and help them become more efficient, streamlined and competitive. How? By implementing the Odoo ERP as their single source of truth, and customizing it to their needs.
Excellence, commitment, creativity and trust are our middle names. Which is why we managed to build an exiting portfolio of >40 projects for >30 clients in >10 African countries in <2.5 years. We choose to work with clients that do good and/or provide products or services that make a positive impact. Think of agri-businesses, e-health, recycling companies and electric mobility.
We care about our team members and invest in them. Everyone gets access to tailored training, exiting projects, ample opportunity to travel and a high level of autonomy. In return we expect our team members to deliver quality above expectation and support the business beyond their job description.
We have a spot free for a Senior ERP Consultant, who knows how to manage multiple complex projects at the same time, and has implemented ERP systems (comparable to Odoo) from start to finish for a variety of customers.
Rest assured, as you will be in good company: we are an Odoo Gold Partner in Kenya and we recently got awarded Best Partner in Africa.
Got exited? Then please read on.
- Handle multiple Odoo implementation projects simultaneously
- Coordination of consultants and developers contributing to your projects
- Take project- and stakeholder management to a higher level
- Business development and upselling
- Mentoring less experienced consultants
- >7 yrs of relevant work experience
- Proven track record of successful ERP implementation for SMEs
- Exceptional stakeholder- and project management skills
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas: finance, inventory & manufacturing, sales, HR
- Honest, reliable, creative, adaptive
Nice to have
- Financial or accounting experience
- SME operational or management experience
- Work experience in agri-food, energy, health or in the circular business space
- Sense of humor
- You will lead a portfolio of diverse Odoo implementation projects that involve multiple phases, companies, countries, stakeholders, consultants, and/or developers.
- You take charge of the full project management cycle, from demo's to scoping, solution design, planning, budgeting, implementation, UAT, go-live, training, after go-live support and upselling.
- You develop your own project KPIs and make sure that you and your team deliver projects within scope, on time and within budget.
- You build longterm relationships with your clients, consultants, key partners and other stakeholders, and actively create and follow up on upsell opportunities.
- You mitigate risk, manage clients' expectations, keep a clear administration and regularly report on progress. You also know when to solve your own problems and when to escalate to management.
- You are the interface between our clients and our development team and support our developers to create value-adding and competitive Odoo modules and custom functionality.
- You help grow the company and actively help develop new business verticals and support any sales activities.
- You will bring project- and stakeholder management to a higher level across the entire organisation, developing/optimizing procedures and templates and training other consultants on the job.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience implementing ERP systems from A to Z for a consulting firm or as an experienced freelancer.
- You are an expert in at least one of the following areas: finance, inventory & manufacturing, sales, HR.
- You have exceptional stakeholder and project management skills and are able to structure and lead complex projects.
- You are an excellent writer, with exceptional eye for detail.
- You are agile, knowledgeable and have strong intuition. You are able to quickly assess what needs to be done and act accordingly.
- You possess natural authority, not in a bossy way, but in a trustworthy and respectful way. You lead by example.
- You think and act on the level of a master’s degree in either IT, business administration or a related field.
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Honest, reliable, creative, adaptive.
The following give you a strong advantage:
- SME operational or management experience in East of West Africa.
- Work experience in any of the following: agri-food, healthcare, renewable energy, circular business space.
- Finance / accounting experience.
Speaking French is a big advantage.
- A good sense of humor.
€4000 - €5500 gross monthly + benefits
Enjoy near-full autonomy (almost like being your own boss)
Do impactful work, with inspiring colleagues and clients
Travel across Africa (and sometimes Europe)
Work from our really (!) nice
offices in Kenya / the Netherlands
Join and help grow a fun, international, talented team